Dumb and Fat Games
Based in Vancouver, Canada
October 31, 2010
Press / Business contact:
Dumb and Fat Games is the megacoporation representing the myriad works of a Mr. Greg Lobanov. Most of our games can be described as whimsical, colorful and tending towards larger story adventures. They are all made in Game Maker.
HistoryDumb and Fat: Origins
Greg gained some notoriety on the Game Maker forums as early as 2008 with his freeware adventure games. Some his earlier games include the 2009 platformer , the 2010 pirate RPG and then the Metroidvania, . He took on the moniker "Dumb and Fat" in reference to a parody video made about him in which he was depicted peddling mediocre indie games while wearing a "dumb and fat" t-shirt.Bike Trip
From October 2014 to March 2015, Greg lived on his bicycle and went on a 5,000 mile ride across the United States. It was a physical and spiritual challenge, and a great inspiration for his following work, including his current project .
GDC talk about living on my bicycle YouTube
Coin Crypt YouTube
There are far more images available for Dumb and Fat Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Intel LevelUp Game Demo Contest Winner" - Won Best Puzzle Game and Best Demo in 2013
- "Philadelphia Geek Award for Best Indie Game" - Awarded to Perfection. in August, 2013
- "IndieCade E3 Showcase" - Showed at E3 2013
- "Wandering Aloud: Greg Lobanov's 5,000 mile epiphany"
- Eli Cymet, ookpixels
- "This Drexel game developer hired himself for his required co-op internship"
- Juliana Reyes, Technically Philly
- "Geek of the Week: Greg Lobanov, Young and Talented Game Designer"
- Mikey Il, Geekadelphia
Team & Repeating Collaborator