Dumb and Fat Games
Based in Vancouver, Canada
PC + Mac
Wandersong takes you on a whimsical, musical journey across the globe. Eons ago, the goddess Eya put the universe into motion with her music--now, as she does every epoch or so, she's going to sing a new song and reset existence. You play as a lowly bard tasked with finding the pieces of a mysterious melody called the Earthsong, which is said to be able to preserve the planet. Use your singing to help characters, solve puzzles, and save the world!
Wandersong was first made by Greg Lobanov, inspired by his 5,000 mile bike ride across the United States, and went into development in October 2015. After a successful Kickstarter in February 2016, he brought on sound designer Em Halberstadt and musician Gordon McGladdery. The game is made in Gamemaker: Studio, software that Greg first learned to make games in, but expanded with a wide array of dev tools including a fairly advanced audio editor. They're currently aiming to release the game in early 2018.
- Use singing to interact with the world!
- Tons of characters to meet and discover!
- Tons of characters to annoy with your singing!
- An epic journey across a rainbow colored planet
Year One Trailer YouTube
Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "The video game world needs this... The Katamari Damacy series, Parappa the Rappa, Jet Set Radio. From what I've experienced, and after meeting the man behind it all, I put Wandersong on track to be right up there with some of my all time favorites.
- Chris Emory, Unique Drops
- "I found myself alight, warmed by the game's ebullience and heart. From the sharp, sardonic dialogue to the game's dotingly crafted paper collage aesthetic, Lobanov seems to have taken great care in making his game a place you go, not just a thing you do."
- Eli Cymet, ookpixels
- "It's a very inventive looking gameplay mechanic and I'm a little shocked that we haven't seen it done before in the way it's depicted in the game"
- William Usher, CinemaBlend
- "Occasionally, a project appears on Kickstarter that is just so wonderfully new and creative that you want to give the developer your entire savings"
- Andrew Rainnie, Warp Zoned
About Dumb and Fat Games
Dumb and Fat Games is the megacoporation representing the myriad works of a Mr. Greg Lobanov. Most of our games can be described as whimsical, colorful and tending towards larger story adventures. They are all made in Game Maker.
More information on Dumb and Fat Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.